New parents often use nightly baths to help promote baby’s good sleep habits. However the AAP actually recommends bathing babies a max of 3 times a week because frequent water and soap exposure can dry out their delicate skin. With eczema on the rise, replacing baths with moisture massages every few nights can be a healthier way to wind down. Massage not only helps baby sleep, but has numerous benefits for the skin and the soul!
Here are some of the benefits of massage + our tips on making it easy:
- Massage strengthens the skin barrier by pushing hydration into pores and increasing blood flow and delivery of nutrients to skin cells.
- Recent research shows that frequent use of emollients (moisturizers) on skin can even prevent eczema
- Massage reduces stress in giver and receiver by releasing serotonin, oxytocin and endorphins – the ‘happiness’ hormones. These hormones also foster alertness, memory, cognition, focus and learning - so you are literally helping your child’s brain grow!
- Massage promotes consistent sleep by lowering cortisol levels (the stress hormone) and stimulating melatonin (sleep-inducing hormone)
- Massage drains harmful toxins by literally pumping your child’s lymphatic fluid around the body
The benefits are clear, but if the idea of baby massage conjures up images of candles and an unachievable calm in your home, DON’T STRESS! It doesn’t have to be like that! Bubbsi is a line of clean coconut oil skincare products that are made for baby massage. Here are our tips:
The takeaway -- have fun with it and most likely, your kids will too!
Bubbsi is a clean, coconut oil line that makes skincare FUN for babies & toddlers. Their formulas are delightfully moisturizing, full of yummy skin food (organic coconut oil and over 95% naturally derived ingredients) and free of yuckies (parabens, phthalates, sulfates).
Little ones adore our playful silicone bottles and parents love that they are nontoxic and refillable with our value sizes. Bubbsi hopes to bring snuggly skin + loads of giggles to families everywhere!